Coolest Things to Welcome Campers
Arrival of campers at summer camp is a day to behold. In this episode, we cover the best ways to welcome them!
- Get their names and put up posters
- Put their names on sticks and have them pull them out
- Have pre-prepared games to have them get to know you and your co
- Make fun introductions, like guess some things about me
- Get to know the campers
- Kickstart early with a chore board, assigning jobs on a weekly rota kind of thing
- Let them settle in, helping unpacking all the bags
- Get to know the faces they don’t know, the new campers especially. The early few days are critical for these guys and girls
- Fill them in on who you are, play their games they bring
- If you teach something, be creative and make them a welcome present!